Monday, September 1, 2008

A little freaked out...

I have to admit. I am a little freaked out that I only have approx. 4 weeks till Samantha arrives. And it's not necessarily the 4 weeks thing (though that really isn't long at all), it's the approx. thing. Not knowing when, and also knowing that realistically, it could be ANY time now. We are not ready! The bassinet is missing a screw, I still don't have my hospital bag packed, I don't have a new outfit to take her home in yet, and poor Hayden - he won't be the baby anymore and it kinda makes me sad for him.

Plus, I don't care how many babies you've had before, the birthing process can be scary and unpredictable and I'm all about being organized and planned lately. ie. wanting to be organized and planned - not that I really am. I'm one of those people who could be very organized if I could afford just 10 more cute baskets to put in my cubbies. My hubby things I am addicted to baskets. But I digress...

Another freaking point for me is that fact that Samantha is STILL doing somersaults and karate kicks and hasn't 'found her proper place' for egress. Amanda and Hayden were the same way, and didn't move into 'the starting gate' until 1-2 weeks before they were born. I'm itching have a ultrasound that actually looks like something - the ones we got early on were not even refrigerator worthy. I'm not even confident that it's a girl! (though it better be! I gave away all Hayden's clothes and have taken in boxes and boxes of girlie stuff!)

Well, enough of my rambling. I'm sure it will all work out fine - as long as I don't go into labor during a hurricane!

No comments:


LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...