Saturday, August 13, 2011
This was an awesome day for the 12 of 12 project! My hubby took the day off from work without telling anyone (but me) about it. Michael and I spent the night before packing up the van and hiding stuff under the seats so they wouldn't have a clue where we were going. Early the next morning Michael told the kids that his car wouldn't start so mommy was gonna have to drive him to work - and of course, they would have to come with us. We all got dressed and took a very, very long drive to "daddy's work". Around 2 hours later Hayden told us that we were going the wrong way to work. :) Another hour later we arrived at our destination: Anna Maria Island!
1. On the local bus to check out the island.
2. Samantha waiting for the bus.
3. Walking up the pier to the restaurant/popular fishing spot.
4. The wood planks of the pier
5. Pelican (they were amazing and eating quite well)
6. We saw lots of dolphins and a few up close!
7. a fish we saw a young boy catch - they threw it back for obvious reasons :)
8. Can't help but take pictures of this girl - love her eyes!
(didn't bring my camera to the beach and the camera phone pictures were kind of ehhh...)
9.- 12. Stopped for ice cream before we left the island.