Wednesday, May 21, 2008

Being Sick

I am sick.

I can't stand being sick, but being prego and sicko and having this vein thing/alien growing out of the side of my leg is totally debilitating me. Add to that Hayden, AKA GREMLIN is up to his old tricks and has now caused the malfunctioning of the door locks on the kids bedroom and bathroom doors... which happen to be upstairs... far, far away from the comfort of my living room sofa. So I have been making a gazillion more trips up the stairs than I normally would to rescue him from the baby-eating dresser drawers, soap drawings on the bathroom floor that have trapped him in a *stand up, fall on butt* sequence, and the play make-up that belongs to his big sister.

Put up a gate you say? Oh please, do I really need to re-educate you all about the advanced mechanical and just plain brute force skills of my 18 month old Weapon of Mass Destruction? In great desperation I did attempt to put up a gate. 5 minutes later after much banging and wailing the gate came tumbling down the stairs in 2 pieces.

But alas, all this whining and griping will soon be over, for my knight in shining armor will come home in less than 4 hours and install new locks on the doors. I know he will do this without a complaint because he is completely aware that it is all his fault. Hayden got his advanced dexterity and mischievousness from his father - and his father, I am certain, received the "mothers' curse" that all naughty children receive at times of critical frustration. You know the one. "I hope you have a son as naughty and yadda yadda yadda as you!"

I will try to find something to be grateful for today... Okay. I am SUPER grateful to have my friend Carlee for a babysitter. My kids love her - probably more than they love me at the moment - and she loves my kids... And I am grateful the have the gospel in our lives. And I think it's very sad when wolves in sheep clothing use tricker and lies to *teach* people about Jesus Christ and how to be saved (according to the word of the Wolf). It's just wrong in so many ways and if I wasn't hired as the photographer at the wedding where said Wolf went off on a 45 minute sermon/born again revival extravaganza, I might have confronted this quack with a few choice words of my own - but I was STARVING and tired and working my way back towards being a quiet, tolerant person... and I REALLY, REALLY needed chocolate.

(...sorry for the rant)


So like I said, I am grateful for the gospel and for knowing the truth... and chocolate.

4 comments:

Becky said...

I hope that you don't feel that way about me because I don't subscribe to the beliefs of Mormonism anymore. =(

Amy G. said...

Of course I don't. I just felt like we were all suckered into a "renewing of wedding vows" and instead we were held hostage to a 45 minute sermon of what this one guy believed. At the end he pretty much told us that by participating in his little revival we were all born again and to mark this date as our new birthday. Whatever...

The whole thing had very little to do with renewing of vows and started *1 1/2 hours* late! I really feel sorry for the couple - I hope they didn't have to pay that guy for taking over their special day.

Jackie Lee said...

Sorry to hear your so sick...oh well at least you have a awesome reason for being sick! Congrats on "possibly" having a baby girl!

Families are Forever said...

I hadn't looked at your blog in a while. Congratulations on the baby! I hope you feel better soon! Hayden is getting so big! He looks just like you!!!


LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...