Tuesday, January 15, 2008

Ever get that *feeling*?

I've been having this feeling lately - for the past 2 weeks to be exact - that sinking feeling like my world is going to change drastically in the near future. I've had similar feelings in the past - like 2 hours before my grandmother died (me in Maryland, grandma in Utah) I just had this feeling that made me start crying without a clue as to why. Then again, I also had this feeling when I was living in one of the ghettos of Baltimore and my mom was visiting...and nothing happened.

This time it's more of a "when is the other shoe going to drop" feeling along with a what if this happens - what will we do? I don't like feeling like this. I won't say that I don't like surprises, it's just that I have grown to sort of dread them because I never react the way I know I should react to them... it's always sort of an afterthought well after the damage is done where I think, "Oh - this was a good lesson." or "I really could have handled that differently and not hurt so and so..."

If hindsight is 20/20 what is foresight...nearsightedness?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

That is a great question! Hope it is a feeling that nothing actually comes from!


LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...