Saturday, February 5, 2011

Out of the mouths of...

a young boy with Aspergers:

"You know what you need? You need a vacation. You need to get these kids a babysitter and take your husband and go somewhere. You need to go somewhere nice, away from these kids. You know, you need to go to hotel or something. And then come back later and be nice to these kids... 'cause you just went on the best vacation ever."

Amen, little 7 year old brother. Amen.

I love my neighbors kid and his profound unfiltered wisdom. Occasionally it's irritating to hear point blank these little truths. Sometimes it sort of stresses me out how right on he is and makes me wonder if everyone else sees through me like he does. But when he's right, he's right.

Besides, whose gonna say "naww. I don't need a vacation. the beach? phhfft... naw."

Not I!

2 comments:

Lucy said...

You know what you need? You need to come to New Jersey, where we can go to Broadway shows, and go shopping, and walk around times square, and stay up until late at night talking. You can even bring your kids and they will play with eachother and not bother us at all.

Amy G. said...

You know we would SO be there. Seriously. You totally made Michael raise an eyebrow (in a good way) when he saw your comment! :)


LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...