Wednesday, September 2, 2009

Speaking of kitchen appliances...

So you all know how I feel about cooking on the Foreman Grill... actually, cooking isn't the problem - even though I loathe cleaning the thing, I did, so that I could grill up some chicken last night. And Dad, in case you didn't check my comments from the previous post, my grill doesn't come apart and I can't put it in the dishwasher - it's like one of the first versions of the grill that they made - before they most certainly got all kinds of grief for it's poor design. But anywho...

Let's move on to my favorite kitchen appliance - the Waffle Maker! Now it's not your average waffle making machine... my dad sent it to us for Christmas last year. It's a professional wafflemaker -- like the kind they have at hotel breakfast buffets. Yahhh---it's sweeeeeet. It's like, the most used countertop kitchen appliance in our kitchen...right there next to the crockpot...Oh, our poor crockpot. It's been used to the max. Both handles have broken off, it's dented and has lost a foot pad... but it still works. We just can't take it to a potluck 'cause it's hard to transport without handles and not burn yourself.... and it's an ugly embarrassment. In fact, I think it was our gateway decor item that officially made us semi-white trash. That and our new house...

One day we will rise above! I know we will! One day, our house won't smell like dirty diapers and the piles of partially unpacked boxes will be GONE! We will have a really cool laundry system worked out and install an in-sink disposal in our kitchen! One day we will finish our bathroom and have not only a toilet, but a sink! and a shower! Whoo-hoooo! One day, Hayden won't run go running outside in just a pull-up when he hears daddy opening the garage door.... we'll, I don't know about that...

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I think you have a really great blog.

You should consider networking with the moms in the bizymoms Palm-bay community.

Carley, John, Cohen, kennedy said...

Hey I just got rid of all my cardboard boxes.. deconstructed and put out with the trash...


LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...