Monday, September 28, 2009

Samantha's 1st Birthday!!!



I'm on internet technology overload. Got some stuff on Flickr, some on Utube, some on Facebook... gotta find a way to make it all merge nicely into one place! And it seems that my blog is the last place to see the good stuff lately... oh well. So here we go!


Samantha's birthday was last Saturday and since we don't have A/C (I'll save that rant for another post) we decided to keep it really simple and fun. We invited anyone who wanted to come see Samantha eat her first ice cream cone to Bruster's Ice Cream for a little ice cream party. Samantha did not disappoint. She loved her first taste of vanilla ice cream with sprinkles and we all loved watching her eat it... and sneak sips of her daddy's milkshake.







Afterwards we came home and opened presents from Grandma and Grandpa Lee and Aunt Becky and her family. The Grandparents sent the cutest little shoes fit for a princess and Aunt Becky sent an adorable inch worm toy that Hayden immediately decided was his... of course!

Here's a little video
of Samantha opening her presents... ignore the squeaky voiced woman singing off-key in the foreground... I have no idea who she is or where she came from! ; 0



Today since there was no school, I took the kids to the mall so Samantha could pick out her present from Mom and Dad at Build-A-Bear Workshop. She got her first Bear, we dressed her in a Hawaiian Moo-Moo and Amanda named her "Honey".

Can I tell you how much we love and adore this little girl? She is the sunshine of our home. Her smile melts the hearts of everyone she meets. She's growing up way too fast... at least for me she is.







I almost forgot!
Samantha had a little pre-birthday party at her Poppy George and Grammy Jess's house about a week ago. The pictures for that event are on my flickr account... now let's see if I can get them to appear here...hmmmm....



No comments:


LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...