Thursday, January 6, 2011

Advanced Parenting

I haven't "written" in this blog for while... sure, lots of pictures and half-witted comments here and there. So I'm sitting here with all this news, not particularly good news that I *think* I want to share but I'd rather hide it all in the attic.

You see, this week I had to be a parent. And feel totally exposed to the judgment of the parenting police. This week one of my children showed me and many others where I had failed. It was a very 'not proud momma' moment. And so we had the choice of defending and excusing this child or disciplining/ throwing them under the bus. We chose the latter. I know we did/are doing the right thing, but it hurts so much. I so want to forget it happened and sometimes I do. We've never punished a child for this long, so sometimes I'm tempted to bend the consequence to fit my schedule or seriously, just because I love the kid so much that I don't want them to miss out on a fun time.

I can't wait for this week to be over so we can remove part of the punishment. And I can't wait till we've fixed what was broken and can get back to normal again. And I'm so grateful that we can teach our children about trust and repentance and respect for others... I'm going to make more of an effort to teach my children these things.

No comments:


LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...